Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Killer Cars



Friday night we left the Electric Factory and headed towards home to hit up some bars. When we began to cross Callowhill I noticed that there weren't any cars coming, and that their light would soon be turning green. As a result, I "jogged" across the intersection. Right when I got to the end I heard Shelly or Jeff Doug yell something to me. I looked to my left and saw a white car barreling towards me, seemingly unable to slow down. It all happened so quickly and before I knew it I was riding on its hood for about 20 feet. I quickly realized that I absolutely could not fall; if I fell I would be seriously hurt. Now, here's a quick history of me: I'm accident prone and I have terrible balance. Terrible balance. Apparently however, that's until I'm in serious danger. I rode that hood like a surfer rides a wave, and I kept my balance the entire time.

When I landed on my feet I immediately shook my body to make sure I wasn't seriously hurt. When I realized that I wasn't, I started walking in small circles in complete disbelief that I had just been hit by a fucking car. It was then that I noticed Shelly shouting at the driver after making sure I was okay, and the driver in turn yelling at me. That was the moment I came down to reality, walked to her window, and said, "Stop yelling at me! You just hit me with your Car! Okay?" I ended up fine. I took her information after convincing her that indeed, everything was fine and I wouldn't sue her or anything, it would just be a good idea to get the information.

Getting hit by a car was truly frightening. It was also one of those instances when I step back and say, "Only me..."

Graduation Playlist!!!
Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond (This new record is mint! Get it!)
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors (Just got tickets! June 29!)
The Boss - Nebraska
Dylan & the Band - Before the Flood

1 comment:

cupsocake said...

Hate to break it to ya but it's not just you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Gets_Hit_by_a_Car