Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bye Bye Moose

So it seems Manny came up big last night and put the pathetic Yankees in their place. Thank you, Tavarez. My man Dan Shaughnessy had some great words about last night, as usual.

The highlight:

"While Pettitte and Schilling work at Yankee Stadium, Clemens will be pitching in Trenton (Double A). He is on course to return to the majors in Toronto next Tuesday. The perfect scenario would then have Clemens pitching at Fenway against the Sox on ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball" June 3. This would result in mayhem not seen at a Boston sports venue since July 1972 when the Rolling Stones showed up at the old Garden four hours late after getting arrested at the Warwick, R.I., airport. Boston Mayor Kevin White was credited with preventing a riot and the Stones, naturally, were greeted with wild applause when they finally hit the stage at 12:30 a.m."

"The Rocket will not be greeted as kindly. In fact, his reception will make Johnny Damon's return to Fenway look like a parade through the Canyon of Heroes. Imagine Don Imus being introduced at next year's NCAA Women's Final Four."


In other great sports news, the Ducks eliminated the Wings last night for a trip to the Stanley Cup against the Sens. At the very beginning of the season, my prediction was Anaheim vs. Buffalo. I'll pat myself on the back - the Sens eliminated the Sabres in the last series, so I came surprisingly close. This is going to be a very close series. I would like to see the Sens win, because they've been around for longer and never won the Cup, plus I'd like to see a Canadian team take it all. Then again, I wouldn't at all mind if Giguere won. I love this time of year...

Quack Quack Quack Quack

No comments: