Thursday, July 17, 2008

California

I've been in California for awhile. Swimming, arcading and record shopping. The greatest surprise of all was driving by a record store called "TKO". It was closed so the next day we swung by and my assumptions proved right, it was the retail store for the San Fransisco punk label, "TKO". I spend a lot of time and (somehow) minimal money in there but I re-bought some old New England classics: The Vigilantes - No Destiny EP and :30 Over Tokyo's eponymous full-length.

It was pretty amazing to see these records as the :30 one is way out of print and I never thought I'd be able to get my hands of another copy. As I get back into these again I'll post about them.

Tuesday proved to be 90's day though. I saw the Melvins (!!!) then finally picked up Mudhoney's Superfuzz Bigmuff. It's the new Sub Pop Deluxe Edition. I can't turn it off and I'll post about that one too as I get more into it.

No comments: