Friday, March 30, 2007

Blue Moon & Egg & Cheeses (with tomato)

Last night Shelly and I went to Kildares for their "Ms. Kildares" event. Pat Pirate's girl, Theresa, was competing so she put on us the guest list (my self-esteem just went up!). There was free Blue Moon and Coors Light from 9-11; we got there around 10. This left us with an hour to justify: 1) the 25 block walk there, 2) the atmosphere. I don't have anything against Kildares it's just not my kind of bar. The people who generally go there (20-something business school graduates with expensive shirts) are not the kinds of people I choose to surround myself with. So with that said, we drank a lot of Blue Moon in an hour. A lot. So much in fact, that when I stumbled out of bed this morning I was drunk and hungover simultaneously. You know those mornings. The problem with this was that it was 6:30 and I had to go to La Salle to give a presentation. Damn.

As I walked outside listening to music, I realized two things: the day might not be so bad, and I really needed an egg & cheese. Even as I walked through Suburban Station I was enjoying myself. Good song, positive outlook, egg & cheese. This lasted until I found myself sitting in class forty-five minutes later. Oh man. I was no longer stoked on the day. I will say this though, egg & cheeses (with tomato) from the Lunch Truck remain the tastiest mother fucking egg & cheeses (with tomato) in this city.

I'm wearing a Sonic Youth T shirt with a flannel today. Think I'll listen to some Alice & Chains when I get home.

Playlist:
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead...
Mission of Burma - ONoffON

No comments: