Monday, July 10, 2006

The World Cup & Flea Markets (Life's Good)



Recent happenings include:
The World Cup Finals yesterday. That headbutt was vicious and stupid. 10 minutes left in overtime, when your team in one goal away from winning it all, and you lose control. Accrding to a report from the BBC, Materazzi might have said something about Zidane's mother to provoke him to headbutt him. Unbelievable.
Punk Rock Flea Market on Saturday. So much good stuff. I got gig posters for the (only) City of Caterpillar show in Philadelphia, the recent Isis/Zombi show at the Church, and the recent Boredoms, Lightning Bolt show from a couple of weeks ago. Also, 4 CD's (Avail - Dixie, Jawbreaker - Dear You, Inside Out - No Spiritual Surrender, Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me.) I think that I got all 4 for a collective $24 or so. Pretty sweet deal.
A few days before I saw Career Suicide, Government Warning & Splitting Headache in a basement in West Philly. That was a pretty sweet deal also.
Daggers of Throwing appears to be getting back together. We're looking for practice spaces in the city. If anyone has any tips on any, let me know. I think we'll be taking things a bit more seriously too.
Also, I'm in the market for a new job. I'm working at La Salle right now, I've been here for over 3 hours so far today and I've barely done any work, I just keep hiding. I can't stand it here and I make practically nothing. At least not enough to get by with. I applied to Borders yesterday. I hope I get it.
Just finished Killing Yourself To Live by Klosterman for the 2nd time. Such a good read.

Last night we watched all this old Nazi Germany footage in color. It seems so much more...real, than the classic black and white footage we're all so used to. It really freaked me out.
...But then I got stoned and ate two slices of Lorenzos.

Playlist:
the 4 CD's I bought at the Flea Market (namely Jawbreaker)
Radiohead - No Surprises (over and over and over again before I go to bed)
Bane - Holding This Moment
Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

Cash - Johnny Cash (The Autobiography) (The 2nd book I'm reading in a row, for a second time...and I don't know why.)

No comments: