Saturday, June 21, 2008

Straight to Hell


I recently found and bought the "Straight to Hell / Should I Stay or Should I Go" 12'' single at my local record shop, in alright condition. I don't know how rare it is and I don't know how much it's worth. I don't care. Flipping through the bin and coming across it made me so excited; like first getting into punk rock and buying a Stooges record. I've been just staring at the cover, an image I've always loved and considered getting tattooed. The back cover is the blue dragon from the Combat Rock days.

It made me think about how stupid it is for people to spend hundreds of dollars on all of versions of colored vinyl and stick them in a bin in their closet. I don't think they'll ever get it. Sometimes it just takes $10 to get really excited about rock and roll vinyl.

It also made me think about the Poison Idea album, "Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes."

No comments: