Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Is this the new Green Day?


Shelly's in town for a couple of weeks and we spent the past three days seeing Henry Rollins, Paint It Black and Strike Anywhere in Providence and Cambridge, which was followed by 20 hours of getting drunk and philosophical with John. Thanks to the Sparks I consumed down by the Boston piers yesterday, I barely slept 4 hours last night. Today I feel like death and aside from coffee, Stiff Little Fingers' 3rd record, 1981's Go For It, has helped me get through the day. It's (obviously) no Inflammable Material, but the opening track, "Roots, Radicals, Rockers and Reggae" is really damn close. I can't believe I waited so long to get this.

"Comfort the afflicted and keep them from harm
Let age be protected and the infants be strong."

1 comment:

cupsocake said...

blog more