Monday, June 11, 2007

Sweet Leaf

Saturday night was the final Boy Sets Fire show. We got there early so that we could get a spot on the balcony and we were successful. Tim Barry from Avail opened and was a blast. A lot of people started playing the Johnny Cash style a few years ago but Barry is one of the best at it. Like Avail shows when he constantly thanks "y'all", his country/bluegrass music is Southern and honest. BSF opened with "Release the Dogs" and closed with "Rookie"/"After the Eulogy." I wanted to hear more from the Day the Sun Went Out, but overall it was a great show. They played for at least 90 minutes. I had a problem with that show going on in my backyard and not being there.

That night I met two Aussies. We talked a lot about Silverchair.

Erich's art show was Friday.
http://www.myspace.com/erichroehre

I (finally) saw Mean Streets. It's amazing.

No comments: