Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Polyphonic Nightmare


Over the last two nights I have had dreams that revolve around two bands: one of which I love and one of which I loathe.

The first began in suburban Rhode Island, where I met the leader of the Polyphonic Spree. I should state here that that "band" has always freaked me out to no end. I don't get it, and I don't want to get it. I'm okay with keeping the hell out of cults. In my dream though, they were less a "band" and more an environmental group, so I hesitantly joined.

After some time, I began to realize that they were in fact, trying for a New World Order-type worldwide cult in which everyone wore white and danced in the fields. I tried getting out but they wouldn't let me, so I ran away. Fearing for our lives, Shelly and I moved to upstate New York to get away.

I have these terrifying images in my head of a group of eight or so people in white robes chasing after me through fields and forests, trying to gas me.

I hate the Polyphonic Spree.


Last night I dreamt that Botch reunited at the Tweeter Center. For some reason my parents came and when we sat down the venue suddenly changed in a Transformers-way into a trailer home. Botch played in the trailer home and my parents freaked. People were going off left and right and my mom hid in the back corner. My dad tried fighting everyone there, and after the first song Rick ta Life walked in. People immediately tried killing him with knives and boots and a pretty serious melee broke out.


I don't know what goes on in my brain but whatever it is, I hope it keeps up.

No comments: