Friday, March 09, 2007

1117

It's official, I have "vacation syndrome." This morning my alarm went off at 8:30 and well, I could have gotten up then. I was tired but only in the "I just woke up" way. There was no "I'm tired because I got four hours of sleep"-exhaustion that the cats seem to be victims of after their eight-hour long naps. Instead I said "fuck it," turned the alarm off and slept for another hour and a half. "It's my last day of vacation," I murmured to myself as I dozed back off to dreams of Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwiches and Volkswagen Jettas. I can justify anything to myself. I know people who would call that a flaw, but I suspect that's the jealousy talking.

In other news, Shelly and I are officially moved into the "Penn Center House" at 19th & JFK. We would have been idiots not to take this place. Sure, it's a little more than our last place (barely) but it's bigger, has (much) more storage, free cable, as well as a dishwasher and a washer and dryer in the freakin' unit. And it's just so nice. My dad brought down some old furniture for us and the place is going to look gorgeous. First though, we must conquer the cardboard jungle of boxes that has made its way into the bedroom. The vast majority of residents here are very old and they go on walks up and down the hallways. I kid you not. It's kind of sweet, kind of strange and more like Twin Peaks.

Lightning Bolt will be touring this spring. They'll be hitting up Philly on April 25. Now two things have begun/been announced that tell me that summer is well on its way: Spring Training and a Lightning Bolt tour. Bring it on...

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to the Isis show next Tuesday night at the TLA. Too bad all my friends suck the fuck and won't be going. Anyone else interested?

Playlist:
Fugazi - Instrument Soundtrack
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Botch - Anthology of Dead Ends

No comments: