Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Riot Grrls are Hot (But They'd Probably Beat Me Up If They Read That)



Last night was the long awaited Sleater-Kinney show at the Starlight, one of their last shows together. To be honest, I wouldn't have put that much effort into going if my girlfriend wasn't so into them. But I went. I looked forward to it, but not like others did. Holy shit though, they blew me away. Maybe it was the Bud Ice I was constantly ingesting but a 30-something year old woman with short hair, electric guitar, and screaming at the top of her lungs makes me giddy and hot all over. Woah. Perhaps the second best set I've seen all summer (behind Mogwai.) I wish I could find a setlist somewhere. Oh yeah, and they appreciated my request for Mother. "Hahaha...Danzig ::shakes head::"

I'm at La Salle working right now which means that no, all those motherfuckers I've been applying to for a job the past month don't wanna hire me. Oh well, I'm done caring (I think.) Anyways, Friday was the Paint it Black show at the Church. In typical fashion drinks were had at the Midtown beforehand. 24 oz.'s in the street between sets. Cloak/Dagger rules. Erich's a moron and hurt himself really badly during the Loved Ones (also known as "a bunch of rock stars.") PIB played one of their best sets ever. No joke. Stage dive mania. Next Sunday is Gorilla Biscuits and I'm gonna dive once every 45 seconds. Go ahead, pilgrim...prove me wrong.

Ahhh summer...stagedives & high-fives. Fuckin hot out. Depressing world news. Go Israel. Fuck the Yankees. Go Sox. Go Twins. Fuck nursing students. Go dehydration...

Playlists:
R.E.M. - Eponymous, Automatic for the People
These Arms Are Snakes - Easter (Got my hands on an advanced copy. This band doesn't relent. So good.)

The Economist
Pet Cemetary - Stephen King

No comments: