Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Cup












Last night the Canes won the Cup. Cam Ward won playoff MVP...right on. What an awesome time the playoffs were, but it was weird not watching them at home with my dad. At least this way I can get drunk while I watch though. Tomorrow night i'm taking Gregg's fiance's seat at the Phillies/Yankees game. It's gonna be madness but i'll behave myself. To an extent.
I'm in the middle of a book about Theodore Roosevelt's adventure in the Amazon after he lost his re-election bid. It's pretty awesome stuff, I figure that if I can't get down there I might as well read about it. I should also probably get into the man i'm named after; find out a little about him. I think at the end of the summer Shelly and I are going to hike the Appalachian's in PA for a little. After I graduate I wanna do the whole thing though, from Georgia to Maine. They say it takes between 2 and 3 months to get it done. I figure it would be really good for me. It'll be weird getting back though without having contact, or very little contact, with everyone for so long. I really wish I could base a career around exploration and travel. I'd love to explore Africa, South America, or even Northern Canada. Maybe i'll get to Iceland one day and do all the open areas there. Until then i've got the city and the hoardes of cockroaches that I can't escape...

Playlist:
Bob Dylan - Freewheelin', The Bootleg Series 7, Blood on the Tracks
The Clash - s/t
Cat Power - The Greatest
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
The River of Doubt - Candice Millard
American Hardcore - Steven Blush
The Simpsons

No comments: